Please be aware that Standard uploads will be processed within 48-72 hours. Special request uploads will be processed weekly on Thursdays and need to be received by 12:00 PM PT Wednesday to be processed the same week. We will notify you if your upload qualifies as a special request.
For Clubs using a provider other than Club Platform (BSB) for online registration, they will need to manually add players or admins to the State Platform (Affinity) or they may submit an upload through our support center.
- To begin using the State Platform Upload Module, download and save the appropriate Excel Template from your organization’s online Help Center. Please click here to download the Player Excel Template. This file can also be found at the bottom of this article.
- Review the instructions for completing the Excel Template included with the Help Center article.
NOTE: Be sure to confirm you are using the correct template.
- Remember, no mixing or intermingling of Player and Admin data. Only include Player data on the Player Template.
- Remember, no mixing or intermingling of League, Club or Season Data. Individual templates must be completed for each club and season.
- Please do not make any changes to the excel template and follow the instructions. Any modifications or failure to follow formatting instructions can result in an error and the need to redo the Excel Template and begin the upload process again.
- When saving and uploading your Excel Template to the Upload Module, you must be using Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher and save the file as an .XLSX file or .CSV file.
- Do not include apostrophe’s, special characters, trailing spaces, or spaces in blank fields.
- Do not include spaces in blank fields
Completing the Excel Template
- Open the Player Data Excel Template and complete the necessary information.
- Enter the Season ID. Located both at the Club and Program level, this code tells the system what season in which you would like to upload the data. You can find this code by logging in to your organization’s instance of the State Platform, choosing Setup, choosing Config, then selecting the Registration tab. The example below shows the Season ID as 1158 for Fall 2018- Spring 2018 and the Season ID as 998 for the Fall 2017- Spring 2018.
- Enter the SID Code. Located at the Program level, this code tells the system what club the Players in which you are uploading belong. It is the identification code of your club. You can find this code by logging in to your organization’s instance of the State Platform. Choose Setup then select Config. The SID Code will be a seven digit number below your program's name. The example below shows the SID Code as 9683183.
- Enter the Season. Located next to the Season ID, this name will be a combination of Letters and Numbers based on the name given to the season in the State Platform. This tells the system what season to upload the data. This can only be the current or future seasons. You cannot upload data to a past season.
- Enter the Player’s Last Name. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s First Name. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s Middle Initial. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Suffix. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Alias. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Gender. Please enter M for male and F for female or B for boy and G for girl. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s Birthdate (m/dd/yyyy). Birthdate must be a valid date and be formatted correctly (m/dd/yyyy). This field is required. If month is a single digit (i.e. May = 5). Enter as 5 not 05.
- Enter the Player’s Play Level Code. Located at the Club level, this allows us to know the play level associated with that Player. The Play Level Code will be a letter or number depending on how your organization is configured. This field is required.
- To locate a Play level Code select Setup, then Config, then Registration. Select the Level of Play tab and all available Play levels and corresponding codes will display on the screen.
NOTE: Address must be a unique address and actual player address. Do not enter the same address for each player or a fictitious address. When entering Zip Code enter as five digits (92101) or the full 10 digits (92101-5005). Incomplete zip codes will result in an error.
At least one phone number and email address is also required.
NOTE: A minimum of 10 players must be included in the upload. Spreadsheets with less than 10 players may be returned and manually entry will be suggested.
Check your work and confirm all information are entered correctly. Confirm your file is saved in Microsoft Excel 2007 or later as an .XLSX file or .CSV file.